On successful completion of this Course, students will be able to: Evaluate the fundamentals of packaging materials and several innovative packaging processes for developing advanced food packaging; Choose the right packaging for a particular food product; Predict shelf life of foods and food deterioration with theory of kinetics.
- Introduction to food packaging;
- Barrier properties of thermoplastic polymers;
- Food Packaging Materials;
- Labelling, sealing, regulation, and safety of food packaging;
- Modified atmosphere packaging;
- Active and intelligent packaging;
- Aseptic packaging of foods;
- Packaging of horticultural products, snacks and beverages;
- Packaging of flesh and dairy products;
- Kinetics: Shelf life of packaged foods;
- Kinetics: deteriorative reactions in foods.
Published at : Updated