On successful completion of this Course, students will be able to: Explain about basic principles of food packaging such as definitions, functions, emerging food packaging technologies, labeling and sealing system, and deteriorative reaction in foods; Illustrate about various types of packaging materials, including characteristics, properties, and interaction between food and packaging materials; Apply the various types of packaging materials to the various types of food products; Interpret the novel food packaging innovation such as aseptic packaging system, active and intelligent packaging and modified atmosphere packaging; Predict the self life of food with interpret the safety aspects, regulation and legislation, and waste management in food packaging.
- Introduction to food packaging;
- Barrier properties of thermoplastic polymers;
- Food Packaging Materials;
- Labelling, sealing, regulation, and safety of food packaging;
- Modified atmosphere packaging;
- Active and intelligent packaging;
- Aseptic packaging of foods;
- Packaging of horticultural products, snacks and beverages;
- Packaging of flesh and dairy products;
- Kinetics: Shelf life of packaged foods;
- Kinetics: deteriorative reactions in foods.
Published at : Updated