On successful completion of this Course, students will be able to: Identify the motivation and implication underlying the phenomenon of strategic industry and arms production; Discuss a number of contextual issues in the contemporary defense industry; Classify the modern arms industry from several regional perspectives; Tell the relationships between the defense industry and the global arms trade.
- The defense iron triangle;
- Development in the global arms industry from the end of Cold War to the mid-2000s;
- Emerging defense industries: prospect and implication;
- The evolution of international defense hierarchies;
- The globalization of defense industries;
- Offset and international industrial participation;
- Global small arms industry and strategic weapon production;
- The U.S. defense industry;
- The European defense industry;
- The Russian defense industry;
- Chinese, Indian, and South Korean defense industry;
- ASEAN and defense industry;
- The Indonesian defense industry.
Published at : Updated