On successful completion of this course, student will be able to: Evaluate the mechanics of some basic structures; Perform the stress analysis of simple structural components; Evaluate deformation of simple structural components.
- Free-body diagram;
- Static equilibrium;
- Truss: the method of joints and the method of sections;
- Concept of stress and strain;
- Mechanical properties of materials;
- Axial and torsion load;
- Bending load;
- Transverse Shear;
- Combined loadings;
- Stress and strain transformation;
- Deflections of beams;
- Statistically indetermined beams;
- Failure Theory.
Published at :