On successful completion of this Course, students will be able to: Understand the basic concepts and procedure of discrete-event simulations; Perform simple discrete-event simulation; Understand the applications of the discrete-event simulation.
- Introduction to discrete-event system simulation;
- Simulation examples in a spreadsheet;
- Statistical models in simulation;
- Queuing models;
- Random-number generation;
- Random-variate generation;
- Input modeling;
- Verification, calibration, and validation of simulation models;
- Estimation of absolute performance;
- Estimation of relative performance;
- Simulation of manufacturing and material-handling systems;
- Simulation of networked computer systems.
Published at : Updated