On successful completion of this course, students will be able to: Explain the basic assumptions/principles of the various theories in Developmental Psychology; Apply the concepts of Developmental Psychology in analyzing various functions in daily life and in various social contexts; Analyze events of situations using various theories in Developmental Psychology.
- Piaget’s Cognitive-Stage Theory and the Neo-Piagetians;
- Freud’s Psychoanalytic Theory;
- Erikson’s Psychoanalytic Theory;
- Vygotsky and the Sociocultural Approach;
- Social Learning Theory;
- Information Processing Theory;
- Ethology and Other Evolutionary Theories;
- Gibson’s Ecological Theory of Perceptual Development;
- Contemporary Minitheories and Emerging Approaches;
- Applications of Various Theories of Developmental Psychology.
Published at : Updated