On successful completion of this course, students will be able to: Describe the main issues of developmental psychology; Explain major theories of development and developmental concepts across the life course; Analyze case studies using developmental concepts and theories; Discuss researches and contemporary issues on various topics in developmental psychology.
- Introduction to theories of Developmental Psychology;
- Research in Developmental Psychology;
- Piaget’s Cognitive-Stage Theory and The Neo-Piagetians;
- Freud’s and Erikson’s Psychoanalytics Theories;
- Vygotsky and The Sociocultural Approach;
- Social Learning Theory;
- Information-Processing Theory;
- Ethology and Other Evolutionary Theories;
- Gibson’s Ecological Theory of Perceptual Development;
- Contemporary Minitheories and Emerging Approaches.
Published at : Updated