SOUTHEAST ASIAN CINEMA & POPULAR CULTURE (4 Credits)
On successful completion of this course, student will be able to: Explain a brief history of Southeast Asian cinema and popular cultures; Describe important works and figures in Southeast Asian cinema and popular cultures; Connect Southeast Asian cinema and popular culture to the Southeast Asian history and culture; Explain basic political economy condition of the Southeast Asian cinema and popular culture industries; Explain the economic scale of the Southeast Asian local cinema and popular culture industries.
- Introduction to Southeast Asian Cinema
- Early SE Asian films
- The rise of National cinema
- SE Asian Horror Films
- SE Asian action films
- SEA art-house/indie films
- Prominent directors: Malaysia
- Prominent directors: The Philippines
- Prominent directors: Thailand
- Prominent directors: Singapore
- Prominent directors: Cambodia & Vietnam
- Film festivals in SEA
- Cult and Transnational SEA films
Published at : Updated
Let’s relentlessly connected and get caught up each other.
Looking for tweets ...