Students Support Facilities
Students from BINUS UNIVERSITY INTERNATIONAL have the right to receive academic advisory from their Academic Advisor. The consultation may include academic advice, reports of academic achievements, information about results to their parents, and problem solving for academic problems that students experience during their study. The Academic Advisor also aims to motivate students either as individuals or as a group during class. The Academic advisor may advise the students of the courses they need to take or provide them with suggestions for a study plan.
Students are encouraged to schedule a meeting with their academic advisor (who is normally the appointed lecturer or their Head of Program), especially when they are planning their semester courses. Students should meet their academic advisor when they have academic difficulties in their study. It is very important that students seek academic help before their problems or difficulties become more serious and possibly jeopardize their success in studying.
English Language Services
English Language Services (ELS) is responsible for innovating, designing and maintaining programs, and promoting, supporting and resolving communication issues relating to the use of English at BINUS UNIVERSITY INTERNATIONAL. The English language programs and services for students include English Plus Stage One, English Plus Stage Two and Academic English courses, inter-class competitions, a language clinic, website, social networking accounts and a self-access center for students. In addition, ELS pursues contacts and develops programs and events with English language based entities. Consultation, training, translation, and proofreading for faculty and staff are also provided.
ELS is pursuing a vision of making BINUS UNIVERSITY INTERNATIONAL a campus of high quality international communication through continual exposure to and immersion in international academic, professional and general English, not only for faculty, staff, visitors, and resources but among students themselves. Students are also encouraged, in order to continually improve and update their English language ability, to make the most of facilities such as one-to-one consultation sessions with native speakers and expatriate English faculty in the daily English Language Clinic. They are also recommended to contribute extra-curricular involvement in BEST, the student English club responsible for one of the most successful national and soon to be regional high school and university English competitions called E-Com, or to BIPEDS, one of the finest English debate organizations in Indonesia with an international reputation. Students will therefore be well prepared for, and feel at home in communicating in English in an international environment, thus smoothing the transition to studies overseas, and giving students a commanding edge.
Students, Alumni and Global Employability (SAGE)
BINUS UNIVERSITY INTERNATIONAL aims to provide students with opportunities to gain necessary knowledge, skills, and attitudes required in their future career through extra-curricular activities, as defined in the Student Development Program (SDP). The SDP is managed by the office of Students, Alumni and Global Employability (SAGE) which includes various soft-skills enrichment programs for the students, including the Freshmen Enrichment Program for new students. These activities enhance students’ public speaking skills, presentation skills, as well as leadership and organizational skills through their participation in student committee and student club activities.
Some of our regular activities include:
- Career Seminar and Career Preparation Training. Industry experts are invited to give motivation to students on how to build their future career, and what kind of skills that they will need for their career development after they graduated. BINUS UNIVERSITY INTERNATIONAL usually invites communicative and inspiring speakers to help students plan their career as early as possible.
- Campus Hiring and Recruitment. Facilitating and assisting our companies’ partner recruiting needs through our on-campus recruiting program and vacancy information distribution through student mail and website, in helping them to hire BINUS UNIVERSITY INTERNATIONAL graduates.
- Leadership Training. BINUS UNIVERSITY INTERNATIONAL Leadership Training is an annual program aimed to increase the leadership skills of members and future members of student committee and student clubs. Trainings are normally conducted in an off-campus site and involving industry professional schemes, such as outbound and team-building programs.
- International Student Activities. BINUS UNIVERSITY INTERNATIONAL student clubs and student committee regularly organize international activities – involving at least more than two countries as participants – where students can take part to enrich their international organizational skills. Among others is the Regional Youth Leadership Conference (RYLC). RYLC is BINUS UNIVERSITY INTERNATIONAL’s annual flagship program. This student-led international event involves students from the regions in Indonesia and invites prominent speakers from around the world. The aim of the event is to create a movement and a community of global youth to induce change in a multi-cultural world.
- Student Mentoring. The SAGE office also pays serious attention to students in need. To ensure that students with GPA < 2.0 are supported academically, Student Advisory assign mentors to help them with study sessions outside of regular classes.
- Buddy Coordinator. The Freshmen Enrichment Program (FEP) is not just aimed to help new students in adapting to campus life, but it also provides an opportunity for senior students to develop their coaching and guiding abilities. Through the Buddy Coordinator program, senior students will be given soft skills training so they will be prepared in informally assisting new students in their first semester.
- Student Counseling. In order for students to have a conducive study environment, they must also experience positive wellbeing. For personal problems that students feel the need to share in confidentiality, they can discuss it with a counselor, particularly if that personal problem has any effect on their academic performance. Counseling sessions can be arranged conveniently between the student and counselor.
- Alumni Sharing. BINUS UNIVERSITY INTERNATIONAL is very proud to have its alumni around the world and from various industries. SAGE office regularly conducts alumni sharing events with students through face-to-face meetings or teleconference events, especially with our alumni who work abroad.
- Alumni Development Program. The Alumni Lifelong Learning Program is dedicated to the BINUS UNIVERSITY INTERNATIONAL alumni to give opportunities to widen their network and gain knowledge through annual gathering activities. This continuous support improves the quality of our graduates.
Center for Innovation, Design, Entrepreneurship and Research
Center for Innovation, Design, Entrepreneurship and Research (CIDER) was established to serve as a focal link between students’ entrepreneurial learning and their entrepreneurial career. It maintains and develops the core competencies of entrepreneurship and ensures they are embedded implicitly or explicitly in academic programs at BINUS UNIVERSITY INTERNATIONAL. It identifies potential products or services that have been developed by students during their studies and assists them in commercializing those products and services. It advocates entrepreneurial thinking and attitudes among students by actively involving the students in entrepreneurial projects and providing outlets to exhibit them. It also builds a connection with similar centers at the international level both for benchmarking and collaboration purposes.
Last updated :