Method of Education Delivery
The delivery of education services is carried out by using credits (SKS) as a measurement of evaluating students’ learning outcomes.
Credit is a way of organizing higher education programs to explain its academic weight.
The Semester is a minimum period that describes the duration of the education program.
The General Objective of the credits (SKS) method is to enhance the extent to which higher education can be developed. It involves the presentation of education programs that are flexible and more varied, gives greater opportunity to students when choosing programs, and focuses on planning a definite professional path.
The specific objectives are:
- Allow the students who are clever and diligent to finish their study in a minimum duration.
- Allow the students to choose the subject according to their interest, talent, and capacity.
- Give the possibility to the execution of the education system with plural input and output.
- Facilitate the adaptation of curriculum to the rapid development of knowledge and technology.
- Enables the evaluation system of advance learning of the students could be conducted optimally.
Basic Characteristic of Credit is:
In the credit system, each subject has a weight, namely credit value. The number of the credit value of subjects is various. It is determined by the effort to finish the tasks presented in the lecture program, job training, practical work, and other tasks.
In the credit system, each subject is finished in one semester that lasts for 12-16 weeks (exclude mid-exam and final exam). In addition to quantitative valuation, credit system acknowledges that the finishing of the study unit could be valued quantitatively by giving a weight to the relevant unit – the weight of each subject, namely credits.
One credit is made up of:
- An academic hour of scheduled face to face learning in the classroom with education staff.
- An academic hour of structured academic activity which is not scheduled but has been planned by education staff (lecturers) e.g.: review session or seminar.
- An academic hour of independent academic activity like reading, summarizing, working on papers etc.
The delivery of education at BINUS UNIVERSITY is achieved through teaching materials, discussion, speeches, case studies, job training, and practical work.
Last updated :