On successful completion of this Course, students will be able to: Explain about the basic concept of functional foods, nutraceuticals, and the connection between nutrition and health, and than regulation and legislation about of functional foods; Describe about the bioactive properties of major nutrients (Carbohydrates, proteins, lipis, polyphenols) and impact of processing on the bioactivity of functional and nutraceutical ingredient in foods; Illustrate about the role of major food types (dairy product, soybean, fish, fruits, vegetables, and miscellaneous foods), probiotics, prebiotics, and synbiotics in health promotions; Interpret about the new technologies for functional food manufacture.
- Bioactive Carbohydrates;
- Bioactive Lipids;
- Bioactive peptides;
- Bioactive polyphenols and Carotenoids;
- Dairy Product and Fish;
- Fruits and vegetables;
- Miscellaneous foods and food components;
- Impact of Processing on the Bioactivity of functional and nutraceutical ingredient in foods;
- New Technologies for functional food manufacture;
- Probiotics and Prebiotics.
Published at : Updated