By the end of this course, students shall understand the role of multinational corporations in its relations with state and society, and also about how multinational companies investing and conducting operational activities in host country often being at the position against the community. The challenge that should be addressed is how to peacefully coexist with the community despite the fact that company’s and community’s interest often contradict each other. Multinational company wants profit which occasionally harms the local community’s interest, while on the other hand the community need jobs but also to protect their place of living. Such a situation often becomes the trigger of conflict.
- The concept of corporate social responsibility;
- Motive of multinational company in conducting corporate social responsibility;
- Relationship between multinational corporations;
- Community and government;
- The impact of corporate social responsibility;
- Community empowerment;
Published at : Updated