Method of Education Delivery of BINUS Business School Doctorate Program
The delivery of education services is carried out by using credits (SKS) as a measurement of evaluating students’ learning outcomes.
Credit is a way of organizing higher education programs to explain its academic weight.
The Semester is a minimum period that describes the duration of the education program.
The General Objective of the credits (SKS) method is to enhance the extent to which higher education can be developed. It involves the presentation of education programs that are flexible and more varied, gives greater opportunity to students when choosing programs, and focuses on planning a definite professional path.
The specific objectives are:
- Allow the students who are clever and diligent to finish their study in a minimum duration.
- Allow the students to choose the subject according to their interest, talent, and capacity.
- Give the possibility to the execution of the education system with plural input and output.
- Facilitate the adaptation of the curriculum to the rapid development of knowledge and technology.
- Enables the evaluation system of advance learning of the students could be conducted optimally.
Basic Characteristic of Credit is:
In credit system, each subject has a weight namely credit value. The number of credit value of subjects is various. It is determined by the effort to finish the tasks presented in the lecture program, job training, practical work, and other tasks.
In the credit system, each subject is finished in one semester that lasts for 12-16 weeks (exclude mid-exam and final exam). In addition to quantitative valuation, credit system acknowledges that the finishing of study unit could be valued quantitatively by giving a weight to the relevant unit – the weight of each subject namely credits.
One credit is made up of:
- An academic hour of scheduled face to face learning in the classroom with education staff.
- An academic hour of structured academic activity which is not scheduled but has been planned by education staff (lecturers) e.g.: review session or seminar.
- An academic hour of independent academic activity like reading, summarizing, working on papers etc.
The delivery of education at BINUS UNIVERSITY is achieved through teaching materials, discussion, speeches, case studies, job training, and practical work.
The Final Score for the semester is presented with the following Alphabetical Values. Presented with the following Alphabetical Values for BBS Doctorate Program:
|Alphabetical Value||Weight||Final Score of Semester||Description|
|A||4||90 – 100||High Distinction|
|A-||3.67||85 – 89||Distinction|
|B+||3.33||80 – 84||Satisfactory|
|B||3||75 – 79||Pass|
|B-||2.5||70 – 74||Fail|
|C||2||65 – 69|
|D||1||50 – 64|
|E||0||0 – 49|
Studying Success Evaluation of Graduate Program (S3)
For Doctoral Program the students must fulfill the following requirements:
- Not having an outstanding loan (finance, library, and administration).
- Passing the final examination of the Dissertation and collect its Hard Covers (1 exemplar) and softcopy.
- Collecting the Dissertation summary.
- Passing all offered courses in the curriculum with minimum grade B.
- Achieving a GPA of minimum 3,00.
- Collecting Intelectual Property Form.
- Must submit two articles into and published reputable journal indexed by Scopus and has presented a paper as a speaker in an international conference.
To fulfill the requirements for obtaining a doctoral degree (Dr), Students should finish and submit the dissertation in 4 stages: (i) Dissertation proposal (research proposal) and dissertation proposal exam, (ii) Research Findings and Research Findings Exam, (iii) Dissertation Defense 1, and (iv) Dissertation Defense 2 (Open Dissertation Exam). In order to fulfill the mission of Doctoral degree Program which is to advance knowledge as well as to produce high quality research by integrating science, using the best practices, and leveraging ICT, then the dissertation must consist of either ICT as a research tool, research area, research context, or the combination of all those three.
Last updated :