On successful completion of this course, student will be able to: Explain concept, component, and the advantages of geographical information system; Demonstrate model of spatial analysis using GIS software; Design GIS application; Apply project management in the GIS development; Describe the direction of GIS development in the feature.
1. Fundamental of GIS;
2. Spatial data;
3. Spatial data modelling;
4. Spatial analysis;
5. Spatial analysis using GIS software;
6. Analytical modelling in GIS;
7. OpenGIS and Distributed GIS;
9. Issues in GIS: data quality, human and organizational issues;
10. Object modelling and geodatabases;
11. Geodatabase design;
12. GIS project design and management;
13. The future of GIS.
Published at :