On successful completion of this course, student will be able to: Describe the major relationships, mechanisms, and organizations focused on security issues at the global level; Discuss key concepts and theories used in the field of global security architecture; Examine how contemporary and emerging security challenges are managed at the global level; Analyze the changing nature of global security architecture.
- Introduction to global security architecture;
- Global security in the latter part of the 20th century;
- Global security after the Cold War;
- Regional organizations & security;
- The dynamics of global terrorism;
- The dynamics of global counter-terrorism;
- Maritime security;
- Border security;
- CBRN weapons;
- CBRN terrorism;
- Cyber security;
- Unmanned Combat Air Vehicles (UCAVs);
- Offensive & defensive arms races;
- Global governance.
Published at : Updated