On successful completion of this course, students will be able to: identify the root causes of conflict, patterns, and trends in conflict and peace; discuss various theories and methods pertaining to peace and conflict; apply relevant concepts and methods to examine situations of conflict with a view toward conflict resolutions.
- Project Assignment I;
- Project Assignment II;
- Project Assignment III;
- Introduction to the Study of Violence, Conflict, and Peace;
- Typologies of Violence, Conflict, and Peace;
- Conflict Between States;
- Causal Theories of Civil War;
- Ethnicity, Inequality and Violence;
- Environmental Causes, Natural Resources, and Armed Conflict;
- Resolving and Transforming Conflict;
- Post-conflict Reconstruction, Reconciliation and Peace-building;
- Gendered Perspectives on Injustice, Peace, and Security;
- Non-violent Actions and Global Justice Movements.
Published at : Updated