On successful completion of this course, student will be able to: explain the architecture of a basic computer system and its components; and the role of performance in designing computer systems.; describe how to design and instruction set and its impact on processor design. To design ALU and processor data path and control; design pipeline processor including data path and control; and design to detect and resolve hazards; explain memory hierarchy design and its impact on overall processor performance. Design cache memory based on the characteristics of the expected workload. Understand the workings of virtual memory.
- Introduction: Component of a Computer System;
- Impact of Performance in Computer System design;
- Instructions: Language of the Computer;
- Arithmetic for Computers;
- The Processor;
- Memory hierarchy;
- Virtual Memory;
- Parallel Processor from Client to Cloud;
- The Future of Architecture Computer.
Published at : Updated