On successful completion of this course, students will be able to: explain the debates on the origins of the modern interstate system; explain the causes and consequences of the major events in modern world history; discuss the influence of major events in modern world history on the development of international relations as a discipline.
- Why History Matters?;
- The Emergence of the Modern Interstate System;
- Nation, State, and Empire in the Nineteenth Century;
- The First World War and The Twenty Years’ Crisis;
- The Second World War and The Postwar Settlement;
- The Cold War and Post-Cold War;
- Twenty-First-Century International Relations and After.
Published at : Updated