On successful completion of this course, students will be able to: Identify foundational concepts in counselling; explain foundational concepts in counselling; apply basic counseling skills, including therapeutic listening, empathy, structuring.
- Foundational concepts for counseling skills;
- Therapeutic Listening – concepts;
- Therapeutic Listening – skills;
- Empathy – concepts;
- Empathy – skills;
- Unconditional Positive Regard;
- Balancing Empathy and UPR;
- Case conceptualization & Structuring therapeutic relationship;
- Managing client’s struggle and crises;
- Ending therapeutic relationship;
- Cultural issues in counseling;
- Major counseling/psychotherapy theories.
Published at : Updated