On successful completion of this course, students will be able to: Explain definition and background of ethics within organization; Recognize the nature of the IT profession and the special ethical duties of the IT professional and constraints necessary for justice in an efficient market economy, practice of moving skilled IT jobs; Discuss how to value IT itself; Analyze “ultimate” ethical question of the value of technology, the value of modern technology per se and discusses to what extent conclusions about modern technology apply to information technology.
- Ethical Issues in Information Technology
- A Background in Ethical Theory
- The context of IT Ethical Issues
- Professional Duties
- Justice in a Market Economy
- Trust Issues in a Market Economy
- Offshoring as an Ethical Issue
- Privacy and Security
- Copyright and Piracy
- Valuing Information Technology
- The Ultimate Value of Technology
- The Ultimate Value of Information Technology.
Published at :