On successful completion of this Course, students will be able to: Explain about basic principles of food packaging such as definitions, functions, emerging food packaging technologies, labeling and sealing system, and deteriorative reaction in foods; Illustrate about various types of packaging materials, including characteristics, properties, and interaction between food and packaging materials; Apply the various types of packaging materials to the various types of food products; Interpret the novel food packaging innovation such as aseptic packaging system, active and intelligent packaging and modified atmosphere packaging; Predict the self life of food with interpret the safety aspects, regulation and legislation, and waste management in food packaging.
- Introduction to food packaging;
- Plastic and Thermoplastic polymers;
- Edible, Biobased and biodegradable food packaging materials;
- Food Packaging Materials;
- Labeling of packaging materials and food packaging closures and sealing system;
- Deteriorative reaction in foods;
- Shelf life of foods;
- Aseptic packaging of foods and packaging of microwavable foods;
- Active and intelligent packaging;
- Modified atmosphere packaging;
- Packaging of flesh foods, dairy products;
- Packaging of horticultural products, cereals, snack foods, confectionery, and beverages;
- Regulation and Legislative, safety aspects of food packaging, and waste management.
Published at : Updated