On successful completion of this course, students will be able to: Explain the types of hazards in food and how to prevent it; Explain the basic principle of food products are safe for consumption; Apply the principles and techniques of handling and food technology to make food products are safe for consumption; Identify the types of food analysis related to food safety according to the type of food products; Formulate control, quality assurance and traceability system of food products based on the principles of food science.
- History and Overview of Food Safety;
- Biological Hazards, their significance and control;
- Foodborne Toxic and Physical Agents;
- Food Safety Management;
- Plant sanitation and hygiene;
- Risk Assessment and Hazard Analysis of Foods;
- Laboratory Methods for Food Safety;
- Food Traceability.
Published at : Updated