On successful completion of this Course, students will be able to: Identify the political economic aspects of multinational companies; Describe historical development related to multinational companies; Explain policy aspects that govern the operation of multinational companies; Analyze the relations between the state, the international regime, and the multinational companies.
- Introduction To Political Economy of Multinational Companies;
- Multinational Corporations and Global Governance;
- The State and the Multinationals;
- Relations between MNC and Labor;
- Early Multinational Companies;
- The early emergence of multinational corporations in Western Europe and the United States;
- The early emergence of multinational corporations from East Asia;
- Understanding Guanxi System of Chinese Multinational Companies;
- Guest Lecture: Emergence of the New Asian Multinationals;
- Multinationals in Latin America and the Relevance theories to the emerging MNCs;
- Multinationals in Eastern Europe;
- The Protest Movement and the Future of Global Governance of Multinational Corporations;
- Political Relations between Headquarter and the subsidiaries: case studies.
Published at : Updated